Monday, August 3, 2009

Sooo... Not Me Monday


I suppose I should post a blog lol. Really summer is nearing it's end and its keeping me busy. You know work, life, 3 kids (4 if you count the "daddy aka baby #4"), and all the summer activities!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Alana did not find a butterfly needle (for you non medically inclined people that is a type of needle for blood draws) in the drawer at the doctors office. My odd child did not then request the package be opened and I said no we are not drawing your blood today. She then does not say, blood, blood and points to her arm repeatedly and the next hour tries to get me to open the package. My child is not very very odd, only child I know that would request a blood draw.. sigh.

I did not run out of gas at said Dr.s Appt. My van sucks. If I park at an angle with the front angled down for more then a few minutes and I only have 1/4 tank of gas, my car will not start. It's the third time its happened to me, I usually avoid parking that way but I had very little options in downtown Seattle and construction everywhere. The wife of the dr did not call AAA for me (which I am greatful for but did not ask for, I simply wanted help pushing my van to level ground where it would have started most likely but they didn't want to risk hitting the building or another car doing it, last time I checked the brakes still worked :-P). She also was not more then a little snooty about me not saying thank you before the AAA guy was even there while I was on the phone trying to concentrate on a message that tells you which number to push for this and that and trying to control my children in their office. I said thank you when I was off the phone and the guy was there, but apparently that wasn't good enough. I also did not have all 3 children and it was not 100 degrees outside.

It did not take 4 gallons of gas to start, which is actually better then the 6 gallons it took last time.. damn van and its large gas tank.

I did not end the gas troubles by going to the gas station then to Dick's to get some burgers and fries and sitting in their parking lot with the A/C on full blast while we ate our yummy lunch.

I did not take the girls to a 10pm class at the beach called "pier peer" where they put lights under the pier to attract fish, etc. At this class Alana did not attempt to grab any waterlife we caught and were watching in a bucket. She also did not attempt to get into the water or come THISCLOSE to tossing my camera in the water.









I did not go baby crab hunting at the beach with Kaila the next day and cut my fingers multiple times on barnacles.


Our collection..
This one was soft shelled...




No comments:

Parent Reviewers