Thursday, April 30, 2009

Compassion: Sponsoring a Child

Today I came across the blog of Angie, she is in INDIA right now with compassion. I have read her blog before as I am sure most the blogging world has.. Her blog led me to other compassion bloggers and I felt pulled to sponsor a child the more I read and the more pictures I saw. I chose India and decided I wanted to chose a girl because I thought that might interest Kaila more. When I saw this photo of Veni I didn't have to think twice about picking her. Why you ask? this may sound silly to some but I have become pretty good at identifying physical features of Turner Syndrome.. which this girl exhibits some of those features. Does she have Turner Syndrome? I don't know. I think there is a very good chance she does though. I have asked if she has Turner Syndrome and told them I do see signs and it should be brought up in her next medical exam just as a precaution. I will update with any further information I get about that. It is 32$ a month to sponsor a child and if you go to Angie's blog and the others she links to in her posts you will see what compassion is all about firsthand.


Child Biography


Birthday: October 13, 1999
Age: 9
Gender: Female
Region: South Asia
Country: India
Program: Bethesda Child Development Center

Personal and Family Information:
Veni lives with her father and her mother. Her father is sometimes employed as a seller in the market and her mother is sometimes employed as a seller in the market. Veni works at home carrying water and cleaning. There are 2 children in the family.

Hide-and-seek is Veni's favorite activity. In primary school her performance is average and she also regularly attends church activities and Vacation Bible School.

Your love and support will help Veni to receive the assistance she needs to develop her potential. Please pray for her.



1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

We sponsor a child too. ELijah loves to write to her and hear from her. She is adorable!

Parent Reviewers